Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday I did no KB's. I went to the farmers market and bought some plants for my garden. Mostly I just grow flowers. I got three HUGE hostas, a flat of magenta impatiens and some herbs. I worked in my garden all of Saturday afternoon. Planting my new things, digging and moving other things. It was a wonderful day.

I got an awesome facial from my friend Mary between Farmer's Market and planting. Now that I am in my mid thirties, I consider it preventive medicine to have a facial. Six years ago I got a deep 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my face. These were really bad burns that took over 6 weeks to heal and usually mean a skin transplant. The doctor wanted to schedule me for a skin graph, I resisted and thanks to treatments from Mary, I hardly have a noticeable scar. I still have no feeling in a portion of my face, where my hair won't grow, near my left temple... but at least I don't have a skin graph.

Sunday I went to yoga school with Lisa. Class was difficult, but fun. We worked on handstands, which I love doing. I also talked my yoga friend Deb into trying kettlebells. She is very long and lean and yin... kettlebells will be good for her. She needs some explosive energy in her life.

No comments: