Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sunday and Monday

I am feeling low on energy... Yoga with Lisa on Sunday was challenging. It wasn't the postures, or the sequencing, or the heat... I can't even say what it was. Maybe it was that I just couldn't drop into Parsva Bakasana from headstand for anything. I would think the heat would actually facilitate the twist.

Another factor to my poor performance... I seamed to have popped a rib out of place a couple weeks ago. At first I thought my back muscles were growing, then I thought I may have strained a intercostal... I saw a chiropractor on last Wednesday and he popped the rib back in place. I would have cried after the adjustment, but I could hardly breath. I didn't care, I was just glad to have the rib back where it belongs.

I can't say the rib thing is really painful, but it is quite distracting. I did get some Kettlebell practice in on Monday...

Swings 16kg - 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest - 10 minutes total. I consistently got 20 swings every 30 seconds.

Snatches 16kg - 15L/15R x2

The swings were killer... Snatches, not too bad.

No comments: