Sunday, June 3, 2007

Yoga Lisa... Neti Neti

Neti Neti is the name of Lisa's yoga studio. It is Sanskrit for "not this not that". Lisa is an amazing teacher, she is very easy going... at the same time she inspires an intense practice. Taking classes from her has really expanded my yoga practice at home. She breaks from the traditional rules most yoga studios have... it is a serious class, yet we laugh and joke (just a little). Lisa also has a strength training background, so she is very understanding when I come to class tight and sore from deadlifts or heavy squats. She actually encourages my strength training on the side, which is nice. I feel like my Yoga practice is my spouse and Kettlebells are my boyfriend.... Luckily, reality is Aaron is my spouse and he encourages all of my different practices.

Lessons that stand out today....

We entered Koundinyasana 2 from a both feet forward position, so I had to tuck one leg under and through my arms to shoot it back... amazingly it works better for me this way... today.

Not a great example... but adequate. I need to extend my right leg more, level out my hips and lift my shoulders.

I was feeling pretty low on energy when I went to class, when I left, I felt much better.

3 comments:

Geoff Neupert said...

That looks like it hurts, Fawn.

fawn friday said...

This used to be a stronger posture for me, better leg extension... then I discovered Romanian Dead Lifts and Power Cleans. That shorted my hams... I haven't been under a bar since April...

Tracy said...

You're the bomb girlfriend!