Thursday, July 19, 2007

Andrea's Class

I just got back from an excellent class with Andrea DuCane. She asked the class what we wanted to work on, no one said anything, so I asked for Double Presses. I always feel better when I have someone affirming good form. This is what we did...

Double Presses - 16kg, 2 sets of 4 reps

Alternating Presses - 16kg, 4 reps, 3 reps

See Saw Presses - 12kg, 6x2

Double Swings - 16kg - 10X4

Double Cleans - 16kg; 10X4

Chest Press - 12kg; 6X3 (thank god, a laying down exercise!)

Abs and stretching at the end. I love going to class.

If I ever win the lottery I will travel the world going to all sorts of different yoga and KB classes. Maybe Aaron and I can have a KB Class vacation one year...

9 comments:

AikiBudo said...

What's the difference between a See-Saw press and an alternating press?

fawn said...

Jim,

See Saw Press - both arms are moving, as you start to pull one down, you are pressing the other up, they cross paths (so to speak) at eye level, like a See Saw.

Alternating Press - Press one, pull it down, press the other. Each is a separate movement.

Lots of presses today! It was fun!

Tracy said...

You know I'm going to win the lottery, don't you?? (I'll explain another time!)

When are we going to Hawaii? I've been thinking of the possibilities of that lately.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Chest Press can be done with your butt floated. Shoulder and heel touching the floor but nothing else.
As you know, glutes tight, pelvis forward stuff.

I'll get an RKC facility organized here. I don't know how long it takes but maybe just about good enough to invite you and Aaron.

Aaron Friday said...

I want to see the Aikikai Hombu Dojo while I'm there, and then buy beer from a vending machine.

fawn said...

Taikei,

I would love to travel to Japan! I will do what ever I can to help you. On one condition... you will have to make a cameo appearance for my students the next time you are here in Minnesota.

I had to stop off at Dragondoor to get more KB's for some students. So, I picked up ETK, my first KB dvd. It was nothing I didn't already know... but sometimes I forget how important these drills are. I revisited a bunch I forgot about with a class of beginners today.

Taikei Matsushita said...

I'm off to order 550lbs of kettlebells, mostly Russian Reds. Am I gonna have fun!!

Brett's "Kettlebell Basics for Strength Coaches and Personal Trainers" also good.

Aaron, buying a beer from vending machine is about 20cents more than you pay at the store.

fawn said...

Taikei, Thanks for the recommendation! I will get that dvd next time I'm at Dragondoor.

Congratulations on placing such a big order of KBs, that is a sign of upcoming success! I know you will make it big in the RKC. I am going to buy some lottery tickets this weekend...

Kettlebell Lady said...

Fawn - I have Andrea's DVDs. That's great you got to workout with her.