Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Backbends and Groin Extension....

It was another wonderful class with William today. We started with some stretching drills... big quad, hip flexor and inguinal stretches. I have to confess, I was a little confused when we started with all these stretches... they aren't even real yoga postures (that I know of). I thought it was going to be the Summer of Backbends.



Well, we did practice backbends... opening the hips is extremely helpful with backbends. We practiced dropping into Viparita Dandasana and Dandasana from Sirsasana (headstand) and Adho Mukha Vrksasana (handstand). Then we kicked back over, lots of back and forth. No tightness in the lumbar or sacrum...




So, here is a reproduction of what we did this morning... I'm not as loose as I was in class, I should lift and extend in my upper thorsic. Oh well, this should give you and idea of what we did.




Puppy and I negotiate for the sticky mat...

No comments: