Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More DL's, Another PR

Aaron and I started training Deadlifts last summer. This was the first time I ever really did DL's. By January I was maxed out at 225. Sometimes I would get it, sometimes I would miss it. I had several things working against me...
Long work days (training 8-12 clients daily)
Shit nutrition (back to back clients for 10 hours leave no time to eat food)
Low self confidence (once I miss a lift, I am mentally destroyed)

Now I am training for the TSC. I started pulling DL's again for the first time since January. I have to say I am surprised by my sudden increase in numbers. So, what has changed...
Kettlebells, I train almost everyday (not a lot, not real hard)
Z-Health, something new I have been goofing around with, feels like it makes a difference
Work less (4-8 clients a day)... frankly, I don't like to work very hard, I need lots of time to myself
Nutrition; more veggies, more animal flesh, more consistent with better supplements

Things that have stayed the same...
Yoga 3-4 times a week (really should be 5-6)
Weight same, 123lbs (has been the same for a few years)
Nutrition; it's hit and miss - sometimes I can't get it together enough to plan my food day... I end up eating most of my food in the evening. oops.

Another DL workout with Aaron at the Press

135X5 - C
185X5 - C
205X1 - C
225X1 - S
225X1 - S
245X1- S
245X1- S
225X1 - C

My energy wasn't the greatest... nutrition wasn't the greatest either (wasn't hungry). No matter, everything went up very smoothly.

5 comments:

Royce said...

My swing is the exact groove of my DL. KB's kick ass as a DL assistance move!!

fawn said...

Royce, I always suspected this about KB's and DL's... experiencing the difference is way cool! Now I just have to convince the PLers at The Press Gym to take my KB class. I would love to work with athletes!

Mike T Nelson said...

Nice work on the DLs! Since the TSC is coming up soon, you may consider tapering off the singles and just grooving the technique.

Maybe we could do a "joint" (hahaha) class at the Press with some Z and KBs is in order? Sounds good to me-let me know.

Nice job!
Mike N

Mark Reifkind said...

niiiice!!!

fawn said...

Mike, I would be honored to do a Joint class with you!