Monday, August 13, 2007

Tatical Strength Challenge...

I am seriously considering participating in the TSC next month. This is not something I was planning on participating in... but my Z-Health guy, Mike Nelson is trying to talk me into it.

I haven't picked up a bar since March... my personal best DL was 225 in January. I only pulled 225 a couple times, it was really tough for me to finally pick that up. I have no clue where I am at now.

My pull-ups have sucked lately... the best I have ever done is 10, and that was a long time ago. I am going to test my max pull-up latter this week.

My max snatch in 5 minutes... I only tested today for the first time today. I was pleasantly surprised... 90 in 5 minutes. Much better than I hoped for!

This is what I did for my snatch workout; 15/15/10/10/5/5; this took me about 2.5 minutes. I rested for about 45 seconds. Then I finished up with 10/10/5/5. I was sucking for air pretty hard. Still, it was 90 in 5 minutes. Latter today I snatched 20/20, just to see if I could do it... I did, it was pretty tough.

I as seeing Mike Nelson tomorrow for some Z/DL work. I can't wait! I am planning on bringing Aaron with me. If I can pull something respectable I will give the TSC a try... maybe.

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

That is great you are seeing Mike T. Nelson. He is one smart hombre. Maybe too smart :)

You should do the TSC. It is so fun and so challenging. It really brings the best out of you. We have been hosting it for years and it's awesome to see people come together and motivate each other on.

You gotta do it!!!!!!

And your numbers are great!!!

fawn said...

Thanks Franz! I am not much of a competitor... so I am pretty nervous.

I have been taking some of my difficult clients to see Mike N, he lives only two miles from the Gold's Gym, where I work! I am so lucky to have such a Super Brain like Mike so close! We met on Geoff Nuepert's Blog... how cool is that?

I have been reading through Yoana's blog for inspiration... she is awesome!

Mike T Nelson said...

Thanks for all the kind words!

Fawn, we will see you at the TSC! Your numbers are MORE than good.

Rock on
Mike N

Franz Snideman said...

Your welcome Mike. You deserve all the accolades!

Fawn, yes, Yoana is an inspiration to everyone who meets her. She continues to inspire me to greater and higher levels!

Being around a champion every day rubs off on you :)