Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Workout at Kinetic Edge

Aaron and I went to Kinetic Edge for a workout from Brad Nelson tonight. It was a really fun workout! Brad split up our circut into 12 stations...

1. Mountain Climbers
2. Renegade Rows
3. Thrusters
4. High Pulls
5. Straight Leg DL's
6. Rest
7. Mountain Climbers
8.Punishers
9. Rope Pull-ups
10. High Pulls (other side)
11. Thrusters (other side)
12. Rest


Thirty seconds at each station, 10 seconds to collect your wits and switch stations, four times through! Holy Crap! Now I know why Brad's gf Jordan kicked my ass in the snatch part on the TSC. That is more cardio than I normally do in a whole week. Excellent workout Brad... thanks for handing me my ass on a tray.

I am very honored to be filling in for Brad at Kinetic Edge this coming weekend on Saturday. Hopefully, I will be making more appearances to teach classes in the future!

Class up-date. I am also teaching a Kettlebell class at Neti-Neti yoga studio, which is also a huge honor. Lisa is a fantastic yoga teacher and I am thrilled to have been asked to teach Kettlebells at her place. Kettlebell classes are on Thursdays at 5pm.

8 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

I'll need awhile to psyche up for another one of those workouts! The tray he handed me contained my ground-up ass, cooked well done.

You're going to do great with the classes, honey.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Punisher is someone whipping you or someone kicking your ass ?

Brad Nelson said...

Glad I could 'hand your ass to you on a tray'. You did great! Amazing what a gymboss timer can do.

Aaron Friday said...

Squat thrust with a KB in your hands, if I remember correctly.

While being smacked with a stick.

fawn said...

Taikei, What Aaron said... a squat thrust with a KB DL to finish the movement.

Taikei Matsushita said...

That reminds me. Squat thrust was the Pavel version of punisher at RKC.

fawn said...

Taikei,

Yes, I was punished with 20 squat thrusts for not using two hands to lower the KB for a TGU demonstration in front of the whole group... very embarrassing, something I will never forget!

Taikei Matsushita said...

Fawn, getting embarrassed trying is a whole lot better than not trying.
You're the ace of female division TSC!! Congrats.