Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Beginners Class...

I started a KB Beginners Class three weeks ago. Some of my students also train privates with me, for others it is their first time swinging a Kettlebell. One week ago Tracy Reifkind came out here to Minnesota to visit me. Tracy is an awesome Kettlebell instructor... I invited her to co-teach my classes with me. Sounds like work... but for two Kettlebell enthusiasts it is how we have fun!

For those of you who don't know Tracy personally... she has a very dynamic personality. She loves Kettlebells and her enthusiasm shines through into her teaching. I got some great ideas from Tracy's training style. I am going to post today's class workout inspired by Tracy...

KB Beginners Class - Last week they enjoy watching on as Tracy works me over with the Max Vo2 workout...


After Joint Mobility drills and some revision drills (this is a beginners class). We learned high pulls and snatches for the first time today. Everyone totally nailed it!

Here is the workout... we did I Go You Go style...

Two hand Swings - 20

Swing and Clean - 5/5

5 -Two hand Swing - Drop on the top, 5 single hand Left - Switch, 5 single Right - Finish with 5 two hand swings. (Totally a Tracy combo)

Front Squat, Push Press - 3/3

Repeat three times...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovin it! (said in a high pitched tone!)

Love the "drop at the top"...I'm stealing that one...well, we can trade...the combo, for the phrase!

fawn said...

Tracy,

When you told me using the cue to "drop" when going from a two hand swing to a single hand swing annoyed Mark... it just stuck in my brain. LOL!

Everyone is still very interested in a "Wellness Vacation"...

Tracy said...

Fawn,

I'm there! Let's start planning it, I'm assuming Hawaii is the destination? I would love you to come out here and visit Santa Cruz, however. You know there is so much to do around here from Wine country to San Francisco to Monterey...just tons. Even Yosemite!