Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New DL Plan...

Tuesday night is our new DL night... which is a perfect night for me. Aaron's brother Shawn came along to give me a little coaching with my DL. I was planning on maxing, just to find out where I am. That didn't happen... I just wasn't grooving the technique. Plus, Shawn's advice was to start using a belt, which I have never used before in my life. I found out my form is really hit and miss. This is actually great news! When my form no longer sucks... I will be pulling much more weight! I will also be learning to use a belt. LOL!

My new plan for DL is to groove the technique... 5x5. I also got some advice from Mark Reifkind for improving my DL. I will use that after I clean up my form. So, for the next six weeks I will try to find my DL groove... then I will cycle up to a max with the advice I got from Rif. I am an impatient person, so all this cycling will be a challenge.


Shawn DLing and Me doing Front Squats at 145 for your viewing pleasure...



Deadlift - Conventional
135 x 5
185 x 3
DL - Sumo
225 x 1
225 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
245 x 1
135 x 5

Front Squats
95 x 5
115 x5
135 x 3
145 x 3
145 x 3
135 x 3

8 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

145 pound front squat - good lord!

Are you sure you're not on the juice?

:)

fawn said...

No juice... just short legs. LOL!

Franz Snideman said...

are you sure? :)

AikiBudo said...

Strong legs! Abs too!

My front squat sets of 5 with 2-32kg bells was hard enough for me and you are doing sets of 3 with more! Amazing!

Work your pullups and you will tame the she-beast!

Aaron Friday said...

Women RKCs need a different challenge, like deadlifting 255, doing 11 pullups, and snatching a 16kg bell 115 times in 5 minutes, while weighing 121.

fawn said...

Jim,

I have to keep the reps low, like under 5... my quads tend toward hypertrophy easily. Too bad my arms look like pipe-cleaners...

Tracy said...

I'll have your belt in the mail on Monday, I'm going to pack it today.

E-amil me your address again, I couldn't find where you wrote it down.

I'll have a few more things for you in the box!

Mark Reifkind said...

excellent fawn! looks like you would have made a great olympic lifter!I bet an olympic lifting shoe would really make those easier for you too.