Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday workout Friday Style...

It is looking like this is going to be a regular thing, Shawn (Aaron's brother) coming over to train KB's with us on Saturday nights. This is very cool because Shawn is an excellent PL'er. In fact I am told he is the best DL technician in the state. He was swinging the 32kg tonight... totally blasting it with great technique. Anywhooo... Because I have a huge blister on my left hand, this is what I did...

Swings; 20kg - 15, 15
24kg - 15
28kg - 15

Push Press; 20kg - 5/5, 5/5, 5/5,
24kg - 3/3, 3/3

Pistols; 16kg - 3/3, 3/3, 3/3
SPPS; 8kg - 1/1
Double Sots Press; 8/8kgs - 5/5
12/12kg - 2/2

I haven't posted a workout for the past two days. I do workout a little with my classes... I can't really call it a workout because I am not focused on myself, I am carefully watching my class while offering a visual demonstration. Andrea Du Cane trains this way and I have always really liked it.

We had fun!

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Push presses with 24kg?

ahh..what?

Super STRONG!!!!!!

Aaron Friday said...

Those looked really good, too.

fawn said...

Ahhh yah, Franz, I am planning on pressing the 24kg. I have been studying Yoana's blog! I love your idea to pistol before a press to gather muscle tension!

Franz Snideman said...

Yeah, that technique has worked for her well. Also try doing an extremely heavy single leg deadlift for a single or two. That will re-inforce ROOTING and make you use the ground more.

Let me know if it helps!