Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday is DL Day!

So, I decided Sunday is not a good day for me to DL. Tuesday is a much better day. This is what I did...

Deadlift Conventional
135lbs - 5 reps, 2 sets
185 - 5 reps, 2 sets
225 - 6 singles
All pulls felt great and went up easy. Aaron's brother Shawn and Shawn's friend Rich both gave me some things to work on when training my DL. Rich's advice is posted on the TSC entry. Shawn advised me to train conventional DL's to strengthen my back. My hips seam to be plenty strong from KB swings. Which reminds me... I am going to start swinging heavier, stronger is always better, right? I took careful notice to pull myself down to the bar, then blast the lift with as little lag time as possible. It made a difference! Thanks Rich. I also worked on not throwing my head back. This was pretty challenging.

Front Squats
95x5
115x5
125x5
135x3
135x3
145x3
145x3
135x3
145 is a personal best for FSQ's. It was a challenge but doable. The second set was pretty tough.

Pull-ups
bw x 5
10lbs x 2
10lbs x 2
10lbs x 2
bw x 5

We had a great time training at The Press! It is a great gym! The equipment is great, the owners are awesome, the members are a cut above. Aaron got a PR on his DL which was totally awesome! I wish we would have had our camera. If you are ever in Minnesota... check out The Press.

3 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

That's a hell of front squat workout after all those deadlifts. Well done. You looked great on all the lifts. I think Tuesdays are going to work.

Mark Reifkind said...

seriously great front squat work. and the pullups as well! thats no joke.have a great time with Tracy this weekend!wish I was there, for real.

fawn said...

Thanks guys! I love FSQ's... I can't explain why. Maybe it is the loaded stretch in my hips?