Saturday, October 6, 2007

Workout with the Friday Brothers

Aaron's brother Shawn came over tonight for a workout. It is fun to train with Shawn because he is a record holding PL'er. He is very observant and body aware. So, Aaron, Shawn took turns with our lifts, this is what I did...

Snatches; 20kg - 10/10 X 5

C + P; 16kg - 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2

Sots Press; 16kg - 1/1

Double FSQ; 20/20kg - 5 reps

The snatches were really tough... it has been unseasonably warm and humid lately, including today. No matter how much chalk I used... by rep 8 my grip was getting very slippery. Every set was hard.

Clean and Press, did this earlier today with my class. Cleans stimulate my lats, making the press easier than just presses. I did 3 sets of 5 with 16kg with my class, so I took it easy tonight.

The Sots Press and Double Front Squats were just to see if I could do them, and to show-off for my brother-in-law. We had fun!

6 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Sots press and front squat is kind of like your thing isn't it?

I do train in rainy situation (don't ask me why, it is my nature) and gets slippery.

I try to cross out snatch and TGU, but one good replacement for snatch will be a dead weight or hang snatch. You can reset every reps and also gets harder.

fawn said...

Taikei,

Hang snatch... what a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I did have to re-grip a couple times during my snatch sets.

Training regardless of weather conditions is your nature. It is what makes you such a focused athlete! It is part of your charm.

My flexibility makes me look stronger that I am... that is why I like the Sots press and FSQ's.

Ben Miller said...

Super strong workout. Can't believe you did double front squats with 20's. Sounds very fun!

Lauren said...

woops that comment above is from me. Didn't realize I was in Ben's account!

fawn said...

Thanks Lauren! The double clean with the 20's was the most difficult part!

Tracy said...

DOUBLE FREAKIN' FRONT SQUATS W/ 2 FREAKIN' 20's?????

I was going to say....how the hell was the "clean" part....but you answered that!

I gotta try that!

Wednesday will be my heaviest workout pre SSST w/16kg...and even that I'm not supposed to do,(I'm supposed to have light workouts all week), but I'll at least front squat w/one 20kg!