Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gym Day... at last!

Finally... I got back to the gym! It was a very necessary break. It was Aaron's idea to take a few days off, I couldn't have done it by myself. It is hard to stop a habit. I understand how this squataholic thing happens. LOL!

Back Squat
95lbs X 5
135 X 5
160 7 sets, 3 reps
~Much easier with no DL's.... I practiced finding my groove. Next week I should work on moving faster on the assent.

Bulgarian Split Squat
25/25lbs X 5/5
35/35lbs X 3/3
40/40lbs X 3/3
40/40lbs X 3/3
30/30lbs X 5/5

Pull-ups
5/3/3/3/3


~The whole workout took about 40 minutes. I tried to keep less than 2 minutes of rest between squat sets. I super set the BSS and P-ups with plenty of rest between sets. Everything felt easy and natural. The pull-ups could have been stronger... Oh well. I just happy to be at the gym.

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

there ya go. with all the multiple sets and the short rest periods your form gets easier to find all the time.good start.

fawn said...

Thanks Mark, I was hoping you would comment on my workout! I will get another video up next week so you can give me some feed back on my form. I have been concentrating on keeping the bar low on my back and getting my breathing right. I am still trying to find where I should hold my gaze... I want to look up without losing my long spine.

Franz Snideman said...

nice to be back in the gym, isn't it?

I find that after a rest I am most always stronger!!! Nice workout to. I love bulgarian split squats!!!!

Are you going to compete in the 2008 April TSC?

fawn said...

Franz,

It was Aaron's idea to take a break... he promised me I would be stronger afterward. I do feel stronger.

Nothing hits my glutes like Bulgarian split squats! I am a huge fan of this movement. All my clients train BSS as well. I see glute weakness is very common here in the mid-west.

My plan is to compete in a full power meet in February...

I will compete in the TSC as well, but I don't think I will train for it. My plan is for my regular "vanilla" training to be adequate preparation for the TSC.

Aaron Friday said...

With your schedule, I don't think you'll need to train specifically for the TSC. I'd like to get to that point as well.