Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Workout... Friday Style

Saturday night workout with Shawn and Aaron, they worked out with the Bulldog and 32kg. I don't have anything smaller than a 20kg here at home, so I am forced to go heavy on Saturdays too.

Swings
28kg - 10, 10, 10
~warm-up

Snatch
24kg - 6/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6
~I felt like I needed a PR... difficult, but doable

Over Head Squat
20kg - 3/3, 3/3, 3/3
~not very much fun... my shoulder has been bugging me for the past couple days. The last set felt the best.

Pistols
24kg - 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1
~not all were perfect... a couple times the extend foot touched the ground on the way up.

Pull-ups
5 x 5
~felt nice on my shoulders...

9 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Fawn, it doesn't look like a lady's workout.
I've got to lose some weights to do 24kg pistols!!

Aaron Friday said...

This workout was really incredible. After multiple sessions the last couple days, no less.

Mark Reifkind said...

dammm girl! sets of 6's with the 24 kg? crazy strong!

fawn said...

Wow, thanks for the compliments!

I didn't really feel like I was going all out this workout... my goal was to do some heavy swings. When Aaron said he was planning to set a new PR, I decided it was time to snatch the 24kg again, I did 6 just to set my own PR.

It is easy to be inspired to work harder when I am surrounded by excellence!

Tracy said...

Yea, but her foot touched the floor on the way up from the pistols!!!!! Just jealous of course!

Tell you Ladies on Friday I said hey! I'm glad you guys are liking the workouts.

Hmmm...snatching the 24...I guess I better start swinging the damn thing first.

Howie Brewer said...

I was afraid to say "Damn!" since I've never commented on any of your posts before. But DAMN!! Your workout looks a lot like my own. Even better. Awesome strong!

fawn said...

Tracy,

For sure you can snatch the 24kg! Maybe not for an hour like you are used to doing with the 16kg! LOL!

Howie,

Wow! Thanks for such nice words on your first appearance on my blog! I have to say training with people better than myself (Aaron, Shawn, Tracy) inspire me to work harder and try new things!

Franz Snideman said...

24kg Snatches! I swear...you have to be one of the strongest RKC girls out there. Seriously....you are getting super strong... you must be pumped!!!!!!!!

fawn said...

Franz,

You are married to the strongest RKC girl out there! I am still not pressing the 24kg. Oh well... I guess if I reached all my goals easily they wouldn't be special. LOL! Thanks for the compliments!