Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Workout with the Fridays

This morning was Yoga with Lisa at Neti-Neti. Lisa's classes are always uplifting and challenging. Her classes keep my practice honest and inspired. In the day and age of "westernized" yoga styles, Lisa's classic approach reminds us of some important details of yoga asana... For example, when in Adho Mukha Svanasana (Down Dog) posture, in this asana you should lengthen the back of your neck, causing the blood flow to somewhat restricted in the throat, but increased blood flow to the brain. When you transition to Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Up Dog), the thyroid has a renewed supply of blood... This is an example of a classic detail of yoga asana.

Anywhoo... Heavy swings for me tonight

Swings
24kg - 20
20kg - 10/10 (single hand swings)
32kg - 10
~3 sets, done in rotation

40kg - 10, 10, 10
24kg - 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 (single hand swings)
~I concentrated on really blasting each swing.

Pull-ups
6,6

8 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Incredible workout! Those swings were heavy, and awesome.

fawn said...

Thanks Babes!

Taikei Matsushita said...

You sure this is not Aaron's workout?

Aaron Friday said...

Takei, I can understand your confusion. My workout was less impressive than this.

fawn said...

Well, I am not snatching or pressing the 32kg... so my workout isn't nearly as impressive as Aaron's. LOL! I did goof up a little... I only did 2 sets of 6 pull-ups. This was a tough workout. Lots of swings, not something I would normally choose!

Tracy said...

Did I read that right..the 40kg? Bitch!

fawn said...

Tracy, 40kgs... you know it bitch! LOL!

Mike T Nelson said...

Nice work!!
Rock on
Mike N