Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Love Yoga Class

This is what works for me... yoga asana. My shoulders feel so much better! I don't know how this happened... probably purely coincidence, William chose postures that I had wished for! We hung upside down in a pelvic swing. This felt great on my spine after heavy squats from the day before. Then we did backbends in the pelvic swing. My intercostals are changing... they are getting stronger, therefore tighter. Intercostals are difficult to stretch out, especially in a backbend. My ribcage was restricting my lung capacity. Not comfortable. Plus, extending my shoulders bugged me and backbends aggravate the discomfort. Now this is the stupid part... I know backbends are the one thing that makes a big difference in my shoulder pain. Yet, I still avoid them when I am in pain. When will I learn? I know it goes against Z to move into pain... but it is the truth, as painful as it is, backbends work for me in several different ways. Any way... my shoulders are finally feeling better.

I will leave you with my favorite quote... from when I first heard this quote, I loved it. Perfect for someone who is not a goal oriented person.

No better love than love with no object, no more satisfying work than work with no purpose. ~Rumi

1 comment:

Mike T Nelson said...

Nice quote Fawn! Glad your shoulder is better.

I would check your thoracic mobility and make sure it is up to par also and this can dramatically affect breathing as you know.

See ya tonight at the Press for DLs! Whoo ha.
Mike N