Tuesday, December 4, 2007

More Snow!

Yep, this will be the second measurable snow fall! I wish I was a winter athlete... I used to ski. Aaron and I pretty much had the gym to ourselves. I believe I am on the third week of the squat cycle Mark Reifkind gave me.

Back Squats
95lbs. x 5
135X3
155X3
170lbs; 2 reps, 6 sets
~Felt nice and easy. I am still working on finding my groove... The 4th and 5th sets were the easiest. I used my TRif belt. It is starting to get broken in. I took it on and off 6 times. As soon as I got the belt off... I had to start to get it back on.

Deadlifts
135lbs. X 3
185X3
225X1,1,1
~I haven't done these for a while. Felt nice... did the last single with the TRif belt.

8 comments:

Howie Brewer said...

Wow, awesome job with the squats and deads. Nice to have the gym to yourselves huh?

fawn said...

Thanks Howie! I really love The Press Gym... it was a really nice workout.

Mark Reifkind said...

well done. yes that is a very thick belt and the more you use it the more pliable it will get.
interesting eh how the later sets get better? thats really getting the groove down.Its a very good blend of volume and intensity and the fact that the reps are always so low lets you really concentrate on pushing hard for perfect form and power on each rep.
there's no need to 'hold back' for the forth or fifth rep. Good stuff.

Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah, dl's after squats are golden provided the loads arent too high.focus on crisp perfect reps and dont get too 'grindy'. vids soon please!

fawn said...

I will provide some videos next Tuesday for some feed back. I know my form isn't as pretty as it should be... I think I should find my groove by next week. I've been doing a lot of light weight front squats just to work the technique. I want to be able to dive bomb into the squat to get a little bounce. Sometime I hit it, sometimes not... I do tend to be a little "grindy", funny you should mention that.

fawn said...

One more thing, I am really starting to love the belt! I have never used a belt before, so this is really new.

Mark Reifkind said...

fawn,

pretty isnt important, safe and integrated is,lol.sometimes the best form for a person looks very odd.cant wait to see and glad you are learnig the belt. I really beleive that for dls it is folly not to use one. You just dont have much margin for error with dl and it one makes a mistake it can haunt you for years.
as you know the lower back isn't very forgiving.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Winter athlete is one who snatches in the snow!