Friday, December 21, 2007

Deadlifts Day with Mike and Maura

I am usually a pretty laid back person... however today was a trying day for me and it felt great to pull some deadlifts. I managed to talk Mike T Nelson into come down to The Press to lift with Maura and I. Mike has a good eye and gives great feedback. Plus he is a level 4 Z Health guy. I am really looking forward to getting certified in March. I have to say I am starting to feel a little frustration not knowing how Z works.

Here is how it all went down (or should I say up)...

Deadlift
135X5
185X5
205X3
225X1
245X1
230X1X7
~Like I said... I wasn't having a five star day. I have no idea why I bothered to pull 225 when my plan was to pull 230 as my working set. Then I misloaded the bar with 245... cripe, what a 'tard. Despite all the goof-ups I managed to feel pretty good about the pulls. Mike gave me some great feed back, thanks Mike.


I believe this is 3 of 7 at 230


5 of 7 at 230


Low Rack Pulls
225X5x4
~Mike had to dig out early... Maura and I goofed around with some low rack pulls. Gary, helped us with the wrist wraps and technique.

This morning Angela and I had our regular Friday morning workout as well.


Swings
16kg - 30X2

VO2 Max 15:15 snatch with 12kg
40 sets, 7 reps per set

Angela and I were both pressed for time, so we only did a 25 minute workout... at least we did all 40 sets this time. I was feeling a little low on energy, so I was happy to do half as much as we usually do. I am looking forward to a short break from exercise this holiday season.

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

good work fawn. you are letting the bar drift though, as you come off the floor.remember not to focus on just holding the bar but pulling the bar in with the lats as much as you can.
also be sure not to let ALL your air out at the top of the lift as you did in the second video. very dangerous for the spine.keep some air and 'hiss' some out. hold the tension til the bar is back on the floor.
you look strong though. its these little things that will really bit you in the butt on the 100% lifts.thanks for the vids.

fawn said...

Thanks Mark! Next week will be better. I do feel strong... my head and body will align one day for a (near) perfect lift!

Howie Brewer said...

Rifs right, you certainly did look strong with those. Great job.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Happy holidays to you Fawn.
It's been a great year knowing you guys.

Mike T Nelson said...

Good work Fawn! Nice to go to the Press with both of you!
I wasn't sure if you did the misload by accident or not since it was above where you had planned, so I figured I would keep my mouth shut since either a) you were feeling strong and did not need me to remind you it is "heavy"
b) you did misload it and I knew you would get it anyway thinking it was lighter (and you made it of course).
Good times!
Rock on
Mike N