Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bench Press Day

I met up with my lifting partner Maura for Bench pressing today. Another lifter, Fran Huston was good enough to join us today. Fran has a really good eye, and is very good at spotting form technicalities. It was nice having her there and I hope she makes more appearances in the future.

I was a little worried about how bench press would go today... I woke up this morning with a "crunchy" left shoulder. It is not painful, but tendons are rolling around and it just doesn't feel right. This is the prelude sensation I get before I get full on flame up.

The bench press movement didn't actually hurt, in fact, the movement wasn't painful at all. My left shoulder did gas out a lot quicker than my right, and I do have (what Z-Health folks would say) startle reflex at the bottom of the press when the bar is closest to my chest. We also worked on signals. Here is how it all went down...

Bench Press
45X5
65X5
85X5
95X1X4
~I really had a difficult time holding the bar steady to get the press signal. I didn't realize I could actually touch the bar to my chest. We all had a good laugh after I finally figured that out. LOL! I did finally get one good press out of it all.

Hanging Rows - feet on a SB
5 Reps, 3 Sets

Reverse Rows - feet on the floor
5 Reps, 2 Sets

Pull-ups
both bw and weighted

Fun stuff!

No comments: