Friday, January 4, 2008

Deadlift PR

I met up with Mike Nelson and his girlfriend Jodie tonight for deadlifts. Maura is out of town and Aaron stayed home... but we had fun without them. Here is how it all went down...

Deadlift
135X5
185X3
205X1
225X1
245X1
260X1 - pr
265X1X5 - pr
~I was afraid to jump 10lbs from my last pr of 255 to 265, silly I know, I just wanted to feel what 260 was like before I tried for 265. I have to say 265 felt pretty good. It was most difficult breaking the floor... but after I got it moving it sailed right up. Mike gave me plenty of good feed back.

8 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

So, you hit a PR, then improved on that PR, and did it 4 more times? Awesome. You are getting much stronger.

Mark Reifkind said...

excellent! congratulations, that is great.sumois very tough off the floor. most say if they can get it off the ground they can finish it. well done, this should give you confidence.

fawn said...

Mark, What should I go for next week? Should I try for 275? How many should I do? Thanks for the feed back. I forgot my camera at home, so I don't have a visual for you. Squats on Monday!

Mark Reifkind said...

fawn

you might go 275 for 3 singles and see how that goes.
go 225x1
250x1
275x1x2-3
make sure to keep that bar is close off the floor!pull, dont just hold.
start visualizing the exact squat workout you are going to do monday now, down to the most minute detail setup, take out, walk out signals, everything.including the actual weight on the bar. see it.

fawn said...

Got it Mark. I will try for 275 next week. I will start visualization, I have heard it is very effective. I think this week should go better than last week.

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Mike T Nelson said...

Excellent work Fawn!!
I will check and make sure I still have the video and get it to you soon!
You will rock at the meet!
Fun to lift there as always and thanks for the feedback on my form also--very helpful.
Mike N

fawn said...

Thanks Mike! Lifting with you is a real pleasure!