Thursday, January 10, 2008

Miscellaneous stuff



My brother is in town visiting from Washington. He is a natural athlete, so I was eager to show him what I have been up to with the kettlebell stuff. Larkin was a wrestler all through high school, so that makes him a total scooper! LOL! I showed him a TGU, he got it right away, doing a TGU with a 20kg on his first try. We will see if I can get him into one of my classes before he goes back home.

Wednesday was yoga with William. Plus, I have been swinging and snatching with my classes. Not that working with my class is a real workout, but it is something. I think I am going to have to put my heavy snatch and swing day back in the line-up. Otherwise, I have been focusing on the PL meet February 2nd. My past two training sessions have brought me PR for both deadlift and squat.

I want to give a special thanks to Mark Reifkind who has been coaching me long distance for my upcoming meet. I am not a goal oriented person at all... so this goal is a real learning experience. I will save that for another message.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

it's been my pleasure Fawn,:))

Taikei Matsushita said...

So natural athleticism is in family blood?

I have to drag my younger brother into training some day.

Aaron Friday said...

Taikei, if he has a fraction of your abilities, it will be well worth it.