Monday, January 14, 2008

Squat Day...

Squats with Maura were wonderful, like always. I am fighting off a cold, so I went pretty easy tonight. Here is how it all went down...

Back Squats
95X5
135X3
185X1
205X1X5
~My focus was to really wedge myself under the bar, figure out my breathing, and drive through my traps as I stand up. Maura cued me to "drive up" which was very helpful.


Squat - 205lbs 1 of 5

Heavy Walkouts
225
235
245
~Maura called signals to me; Squat and Rack. Easy, I know I will be able to squat this weight some day soon. This was very helpful for learning tension and simply feeling comfortable under a lot of weight.

Bulgarian style split squats
18/18lbs - 8
12/12kg - 6
16/16kg - 5x3
~Maura and I both love this lift!

Heavy KB Swings
20, 24, 28kg X10 X 5
~The heaviest KB I have is 28kg at The Press... I will have to get a 32kg.

Good stuff! We had a great time!

6 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

there ya go. good job. the single should've been just heavy enough to force you to concentrate but not so heavy to push you out of your groove.walkouts are great for the cns as well.good work.

fawn said...

Thanks Mark! It all felt great, even with my health not quite 100%.

Mark Reifkind said...

just saw the video.most excellent. way better and if you watch you'll note that your knees dont move forward as you approach parallel, they stay vertical as you sit back.excellent.
the only good news about being sick is that if usually doesnt effect strength,just endurance.

fawn said...

I wasn't going to post a video because this is not new for me... but blogs are always more interesting with pictures. The squats felt as good as they looked.

I will have Aaron shout "drive up" to me at the meet. I can't seem to remember that command when I am in the hole. LOL!

Franz Snideman said...

Geez....very impressive! Nice job as usual!

Can't you do something sucky for a change.....your technique is always bang on........

:)

fawn said...

Thanks Franz! You know... I only post the nice looking videos, the crappy ones get deleted!