Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Cycle, Deadlift Day

After getting some scolding from Mark Reifkind for guestimating my percentages for my next lifting cycle, I carfully calculated the REAL percentages... I am starting at 75%. I also got a little bit of coaching as to my form. I can intellectualize what I am supposed to do... I can even see it in my head, however I am having a difficult time nailing down my form. I focused on "squeezing" the weight up and working to eliminate the "jerking" that seams to accompany my deadlifts. I thought deadlift was my strongest lift, now I know that is where I have the most work to do. LOL! Here is how it all went down...

Deadlift
Conventional
135X5
185X3
Sumo
210X1X12
~No movie this week, I forgot the camera at home. Rats.

Romanian Deadlift
135X5
155X5X4

Pull-ups
6,4,2,3,3,2,2,2
~The first five sets were regular pull-ups. Then I goofed around with neutral grip. I was feeling really gassed-out by the time we got to this part of the workout.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

and what don't you like about 70%?lol.go through all the numbers,the volume at the lighter weights is what really builds the base;especially when you want to perfect form.nice work though.

fawn said...

Last week was supposed to be my 70% workout. The TSC is in 6 weeks... I suppose I could have got my DL workout in at Stone's Gym, but I opted for fun with Tracy instead. Plus I can't say I am eager to hit 15 singles...

Next cycle I will do it right, I will go through all the numbers.

Mark Reifkind said...

got ya. that's the only reason for skipping 70%!BUT do your 15 singles next time, the volume is key.