Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend with the Reifkinds

Well, it was a weekend with Tracy really. I just got home last night from spending a weekend with my best bud Tracy Reifkind. Here are just a few things we did...

We had a lot of fun paling around California while her husband, Mark Reifkind was busy teaching at the very first RKC in San Jose.
We ran around taking pictures of all the RKC candidates. The San Jose venue was really nice. It was held at San Jose University.

Going to the RKC dinner was so much fun! I got to visit with some of my favorite instructors, like Brett Jones.
I FINALLY got to meet Yoana and Franz Snideman! I have been reading both of their blogs for months... it was way cool to finally meet them both in person. What a very nice, upbeat couple! They are just what I imagined them to be, only better. Here is Yoana, Tracy and myself... unfortunately Franz was stuck behind the camera.


Here is Mark Reifkind with the next generation of Kettlebell elite... baby Mariana Snideman. My prediction is little Mariana may go through a phase of rebellion with marathon running.

One of the coolest things about going to an RKC event is meeting amazing and inspirational coaches. Dan John is someone I have admired since I have started training. His messages are always enlightening. He is the type of coach who inspires me to do better and train harder as well as be a better coach to my students. Meeting him in person was a real treat.

Of course the Evil Russian, Pavel was there. What a truly generous guy. Always a pleasure to see him. Tracy and I got a quick photo before I had to dash off to catch my plane back to Minnesota. I really had a great time in California.

There is so much more to tell about my weekend with Tracy in California... I will have to save it for another time. It's overwhelming really; Tracy and I are so like minded and we are making some interesting discoveries!

17 comments:

Franz said...

Awesome post and thank for posting the pics! Yoana and I were so excited to meet you and hope to see you guys very soon! I will be up in your neck of the woods in June for the RKC II. We have to get together for sure!!!

Sounds like your weekend with TRACY rocked! Mark and Tracy are the real deal! Rock on Fawn!

Tell Aaron he has short dinosaur arms
:)

Franz said...

Just saw the part on Marathon running! I hope Marianna stays true to her Anaerobic ROOTS!

MARATHON RUNNING..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fawn said...

Franz,
It was such a pleasure to finally meet you and Yoana and of course little Mariana. What a sweet little baby. I only wish I would have snapped a few more pictures.

Aaron and I would love to meet up with you in June. Maybe I will plan a BBQ for all our friends in blogosphere...

Franz said...

Sounds great!!!!

Mark Reifkind said...

great post and excellent pictures. that baby is SO CUTE!! Lets hope she is a sprinter and NOT a marathoner!It was awesome having you out here Fawn, you are a hoot and I know Tracy had an incredible time. Next time bring the big guy and we'll all go shooting too.

Tracy said...

I'll have to steal the pic with us and Pavel...mine came out yucky!

But anyway, I had an unforgettable visit with you, and you are welcome to sleep on my couch any old time, lol Seriously, next time I'll give you a bed and your own room!

PS how did Aaron like the haircut?

jenn.bermudez said...

Fawn, I had fun meeting you, I wish you lived closer! You're an amazing cook!!!

Aaron Friday said...

Franz, she only told you that to make you feel better. The truth is that my knuckles drag on the ground when I walk.

Fawn's haircut looks great.

fawn said...

Jenn,

It was such a pleasure meeting you as well! I had a great time cooking! I wish I lived closer too... especially in the winter!

fawn said...

Tracy,

I had such a great time too! You will have to send me some cooking pictures for my next message. I will send you my Pavel pictures... what happened? Did I make a goofy face or something?

Tracy said...

Fawn,

I made the salad and took a picture...I'll be posting the cooking class pictures next, after my next workout stuff.

So many pictures too little time! WOO HOO!

Yoana said...

Fawn,

It was VERY nice to meet you.

Simply you are Rock!!

..hugs and kisses from Marianna :)

Taikei Matsushita said...

Oh yes, Fawn you look different.
New hair style?

Brett Jones said...

Fawn,
Great seeing you in San Jose and glad you had such a wonderful time.

fawn said...

Yoana,
It was such a pleasure to finally meet you. You and Franz were just as I imagined! Truly a wonderful couple... and such a darling little baby! I hope our paths cross in the near future!

fawn said...

Taikei,
Yes, new hair! Tracy took me to get it cut on my visit to California. I wanted to surprise Aaron.

fawn said...

Brett,
I am always thrilled to see you! I meant to ask you about training with bands... however too much fun caused me to forget.