Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yoga and Bench Press

Yoga with William today, awesome like always. I sent William my blog message about the Powerlifting Competition with the videos of my performance. To my pleasant surprise, William was very supportive of my effort and quite congratulatory of the out come. Causing me to experience ego inflation.

Yoga class today was filled with what I call "Character Building Postures". Those are the difficult postures I don't usually practice and am not very good at. LOL! So, we worked on arm balances... there are a few I visit regularly, those are easy. Then there are some others that make a rare appearance, those were challenging. Funny how that works, asana I do not practice regularly is more difficult. Plus, my skin was smooth and slippery, which wasn't very helpful in my efforts. Class with William is always inspiring. His classes give me tapas.

Maura and I trained bench press today. We planned our next cycle of squats and DL's for the TSC. We also talked a little about what to do about my bench as we banged out our sets and reps. Here is how it all went down.

Bench Press
45X5
65X5
75X5
85X5
75X5
75X5

Face Pulls
30X10
30X10
40X10
50X10
50X10
~I was feeling a little nervous about face pulls because of my shoulders... no problems today. In fact, shoulders have been feeling very healthy lately.

Then Maura did some shrugs with my kettlebells and I did some snatches. Maura threw a few snatches in at the end. I am determined to get a respectable number on the bench press. A good lifting partner is worth her weight in gold... have I said that before?

No comments: