Monday, March 24, 2008

Back off Squat Day...

I met up with Maura for squats tonight... we were both pretty fried from our very draining day deadlifting. Plus, I may have ever so slightly strained a hip flexor. We probably should have backed off yesterday for Bench Press. It is much easier to be greedy on the bench press than under the squat bar. We both decided to back off a little today. Amazing decision considering Maura and I seam to both be on the greedy side when it comes to training. lol. Here is how it all went down...

Back Squat
95X6
135X6
155X3
185X2X3 sets

Front Squats
95X5X3 sets

Pull-ups
15X2
20X1
25X1
20X1
15X2
10X3

I was a little sad to back off squats today. However as an intuitive sort, I train what feels right and tonight heavy just didn't feel right. I get to go to Z-Health R-Phase this weekend. I am really looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

some days gravity is heavy. have fun at the R phase. I am considering going when its here in July.

Franz Snideman said...

You gotta listen to your body though...you'll be back at 100% soon!

Keep it rocking!

Franz Snideman said...

Oh, have fun at R Phase!

fawn said...

Thanks Franz and Mark! I will back to breaking PR's next month... hopefully.

Sean Schniederjan said...

must be something in the air...stuff was feeling heavy for me today too!