Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bench Press

I met up with Maura for bench press today at The Press. Maura is a tough coach... she always gives me something to improve on... a quality that I admire. It was a wonderful thing like always. Here is how it all went down.

Bench Press
65X3
65X3
85X3
95X3
95X2
100X1
100X1
75X3
~I was a little worried about my shoulders today... after a good warm-up, shoulders were good to go. I focused on pausing at the bottom and holding tension throughout the movement.

Dumbbell Chest Press
25X8
30X8
30X8
30X8
30X8

4 comments:

Maura said...

Good work today! Your pauses are looking better.

Maura

fawn said...

Thanks Maura! You looked great like always!

Tracy said...

Fawn,

The day that my last video with Cathy was taped, we were training at the NPS in Monterey, a staff member approached us to tell us that the gym was hosting some sort of bench/squat/deadlift meet (he didn't call it a "powerlifting meer), and asked if we would be interested in participating.

I told him I didn't train the bench press, and he suggested that if Cathy and I just showed up we could win by default! Not many women would be there! So for the heck of it Cathy and I threw some plates on the bar (not 45lbs, plates of course!), and because I didn't want to hurt myself...I have alot of respect for those lifts...I only went up to 75 lbs., but I was surprised at that! Cathy on the other hand made the bar fly up with 85lbs., she's strong!

fawn said...

Tracy,

That is so cool! You two could totally rock that meet! You should totally do it! Kettlebells transfers to PLing very easily!