Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to Training!

Aaron and I had a wonderful vacation in Phoenix visiting Aaron's mom and dad. They are very nice people who spoiled us the entire time we were there. We spent a lot of time by the pool, drinking and eating. Generally relaxing and enjoying sunshine and warmth.
Aaron and his pop on South MountainAaron's Mom

Saguaro Cactus... The pool

I have to confess... I was so happy to be back at The Press training! It is good to rest and relax because it makes training that much better! I met up with Maura tonight. We had to double down on bench press and squats. Here is how it all went down...

Bench Press
85X5
95X3X5 sets
~All had a pause

Close Grip Bench
75X3X2 sets

Competition Grip with a pause and press command
100X2

Back Squats
95X5
135X3
155X2
185X2
190X2X5
~I am up to 80%, which is 188lbs... I felt strong at 185, so I moved up to 190. The squats felt great! Here is a video of set 4 of 5...


~190lbs. Squat - fun, fun, fun!

OH KB Presses
~A funky ladder of 8's, 12's and 16's

I was a little low on energy... so, not assistance lifts. Deadlifts on Friday.

7 comments:

Gabi said...

Wow,
not that I understand much of PL-ing, but that really looks super strong!

Any chance of some vacation pics? :)

fawn said...

Thanks Gabi! Squat seams to be my strongest lift in the world of powerlifting. I put up some vacation pictures...

Gabi said...

Great pics of a wonderful place!

Aaron Friday said...

South Mountain had these little black bugs that swarmed around you and tried to get into your ears, eyes, nose, and mouth. That was the first time I've experienced that at South Mountain, and it was miserable.

I'm cranky in that picture, but Mom and Dad look good.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Must be a great view from that mountain.

Tracy said...

Hey Fawn,

It's always good to get back to regular life, but I'm having a great time in Santa Barbara...I've got KB's, yoga, and super good food choices, and the beach!

I'm not homesick yet! But that's because I know Mark's not at home...he's the one I miss!

fawn said...

Tracy,
Your vacation in Santa Barbara sounds awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Taikei,
The view was great! The desert is an interesting place!