Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday was bench press day. Nothing terribly exciting happened at the gym. Maura and I both had taxing workouts during the week. I got two PR's' Squat 240lbs and Deadlift 285lbs. I didn't feel greedy enough to press my luck with a PR on Sunday bench pressing... in fact I felt compelled to go a little light, even though Sunday is supposed to be my heavy day. Here is how it went down...

Bench Press
75lbsX5
85lbsX5
85lbsX5
85lbsX5
85lbsX5
With a Pause and Press command
100lbsX2
100lbsX3
~I try to make a pause for each press. Then I feel like I need a few sets with press commands, just to make it official.

Chin-Ups
3,5,5,5,5,5
~I did some chin-ups between bench press sets. Maura is in her bench shirt on Sundays, so there is extra time between my sets.

Seated Plate Raises
25lbsX8X3
~These are getting much easier... I might even move up to the 35's soon!

Face Pulls
60lbsX10
70lbsX10
70lbsX10

After a fun day bench pressing Maura came over to my house for some BBQ fun. We brought Jeremy, another powerlifter along for the fun. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

2 comments:

Maura said...

Thanks for all the fun, Fawn. That was a good time!

Maura

fawn said...

Thank you Maura... it was a great weekend!