Monday, May 5, 2008

When the Workout is Over, You Will Be Sad...

That is what I tell my kettlebell students in the middle of a challenging workout. I say that because I frequently get the feeling myself... I will look back at a workout and wonder why I didn't train harder, then I will feel regretful. I am at 85% on my squat cycle, so 199.75lbs is where I am supposed to be at. However, my plan was to go to 205 this week... I knew I had in me. Plus, I did 200lbs for 4 sets of 2 last cycle. Any way, I ended up squatting 200lbs for my working sets, because I wimped out on 205... not because 205 was too much, but because I got psyched out by such a big number. When training was over, I felt very regretful. I should have gone for 205. What a baby. Here are the details...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
155X2
185X2
200X2X4 Sets
165X5

Box Squats
165X3
165X3
175X3
175X3
~These were mean... penance for wimping out. Hip flexors worked hard... but feel great.

Bulgarian Split Squats
16/16kg kbs 5 reps
20/20kg kbs 2 sets, 5 reps

7 comments:

Maura said...

Fawn -

Your squats were great as always!! Go for 215 next week!

Maura

Joe Pavel said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Fawn. You just did a tougher workout than most guys do. You don't have to push the pedal to the metal all the time.

fawn said...

Thanks Maura!

Joe,
I am a greedy person... I can't help myself!

Mark Reifkind said...

fawn,

the box squats should be lighter. they should be about 60 % of your box squat max or 50 % of your meet max. they should be done very explosively and with relatively short rests between sets( 30 -45 sec).
we need to talk soon to set up your next cycle.

good work

rif

fawn said...

I will give you a call soon! I am feeling good about my squat and I am feeling like I have made some progress on the DL. I also need help making a plan for the bench press...

Howie Brewer said...

Hey Fawn, can I use your line when I'm working people out? That's a great one! Love the new pic and the curly hair!!

fawn said...

Howie,
Maura and I use that line all the time! LOL! Thanks for the compliment on the fright wig! I just got my hairs cut!