Friday, May 30, 2008

Z-Health and Deadlifts...

Short entry tonight. I am in the second weekend of R-Phase. Had to deadlift tonight... here is how it all went down...

Sumo
135X5
185X3
225X1
245X1
265X1
265X1
265X1
265X1
~ I worked on generating lat tension and pulling myself down to the bar. I should have made a movie... I really want that explosive blast off the floor, but I just don't know how to do it with out jerking the bar.

Conventional
225X1
225X3
225X3
~The first set didn't really feel right, so I ended at 1 rep. The second two sets felt fine.

Rack Pulls
225X3
275X3
315X1
335X1
~My grip was weak tonight... weird, that hasn't happened before. I could only do 1 rep because my hands were bugging me, callouses are starting to tear.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

I know you know this but repetive max effort attempts on deadlifts only make the lift go down.I wish it wasn't so but it is.learing how to generate tension and be explosive at the same time is one of the hardest things one can learn to do. doesnt come overnight no matter how frustrating it is. you'll get it :))

fawn said...

Mark... it's like you are reading my mind. I am so frustrated. I can see the movement in my head... it just won't materialize on the platform.

Franklin B. Herman said...

Fawn,

I know you know this already, but listen to Rif. It may seem slower to get to your goal but you will get there sooner and without injury.