Monday, June 30, 2008

Amazing Week...

My blog messages have been at large for the past week. I just haven't had the time to post my workouts or what I have been up to. There was an RKC level 2 in town this weekend. I didn't participate... which was a disappointment, but I made up for it by spending time with friends from blogosphere and crashing the Meet and Greet on Thursday night.


It all started on Wednesday afternoon. Our friend Taikei from Japan arrived in Minnesota. Aaron picked him up from the airport, and I arrived home shortly after the guys got in. I put some food together and picked up (kettlebell) Katie Hawbaker from her hotel. We all shared a meal and then headed off to The Press Gym for my regularly scheduled kettlebell class. Taikei, Aaron and Katie were good sports and participated in my class. After that we headed off to the powerlifting room. Taikei and Aaron did some deadlifting, Katie and I did some bench pressing. Katie is very strong and easily put up 95lbs for 3 reps, which was the same workout I did.

Thursday morning Katie and I went to William's yoga class. It was restorative day, which was just what we both needed. William is a world class instructor, and I was thrilled to have Katie (who is also a kettlebell driven yogi) visit my class.


Thursday night Aaron and I crashed the Meet and Greet. I finally got to meet Lauren Brooks after reading her blog for over a year. Betsy, who has partnered up with Geoff Neupert was there. It was nice seeing her again. I met Christine, Lauren's friend from New Jersey. I had a chance to talk number strategies with Rif, my long distance powerlifting coach. Brett and Pavel were there and both men are always a pleasure to see. My best bud Tracy Reifkind was there, it is always nice to see her.


Friday Morning I took Tracy to Neti-Neti for Lisa's Vinyassa yoga class. She did great! Plus it was really nice for me to show off my friend. That evening we had a little BBQ at our house. Locals Jim Ryan, Mike Nelson and Jodie joined us along with our blog friends; The Reifkinds, Lauren, Christine, Taikei, and Katie. It was so nice for us to have our friends over to our home.


Saturday morning Tracy and I headed off to the Saint Paul Farmers Market, then to The Press Gym for Kettlebell Class. Tracy is an awesome instructor. I would say her specialty is endurance training and targeting fat loss. Every time I get to spend time with Tracy, I always learn so much! If you ever have a chance to train with Tracy, take it! She is really good!




There is so much more to tell about this weekend. I will have to save it for another time. Good friends make life so much more meaningful.

17 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Trip would have been whole lot less interesting without you guys.
Can't thank enough.

Back in Tokyo now.

fawn said...

Glad you made it back safely, Taikei.
We loved having you here!

Tracy said...

Dang woman! You didn't waste a second getting those pictures up! I'm glad you liked them...and I actually followed through by getting them to you, lol!

It'll take me a week to get all of my pictures organized...I can't believe I didn't take more...boo hoo! Next time.

Anyway, I'm making your goat cheese dressing today...let's see...

green onion
lemon
goat cheese
honey
oil....

Was there garlic in that?

I'm so glad I have a friend that can outwalk me! I hope you got a little bit of a workout too!

See ya soon

fawn said...

I was blogging my Monday Squat workout and cursing myself to hell for not taking any photos at all of the weekend of fun.... when an angel from California sent me three batches of photos! I was so excited I put them up right away! Thanks Tracy!

I had a great time walking with you! I really needed it too... my brain works better if I am moving.

No garlic in the dressing... you got it right.

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome! Great to see all you guys hanging out...wish we could have been there will you all!

Best,

Franz

fawn said...

Franz,
You and Yoana were missed... everyone asked about you. Next time for sure!

Mark Reifkind said...

Fawn

it was so great to see you and aaron again and thanks so much for the great bbq and all the hospitality.as well as chaeuffering my wife to me all the time!time to really focus on recovery before and after all these heavy workouts now getting ready for the meet. thats what peaking is all about- the least fun part for me- low volume and heavy weights and no room to make stuff up if you screw up- Just like meets,lol!
you will do great, make sure to do LOTS of visualization of exactly what and how you want to do at the meet. the more detail the better!
take care

rif

Lauren said...

Fawn,

I can't thank you guys enough for opening up your home and cooking that amazing meal for all of us. It was so wonderful to meet you. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality. Let me know if you ever decide to come to San Diego.

Take care,

Lauren

Rapid Results Fitness said...

Fawn, It was great seeing you this past weekend! The weekend went by too fast. Hope to catch up with you again soon. At least through emails! stay in touch!! Betsy

fawn said...

Lauren,
It was really great to finally meet you in person! Honestly, you were just as I expected... sweet, thoughtful and kind as well as a kick ass kettlebeller! Congratulations on passing RKC 2!

fawn said...

Betsy,
I am so glad we had a chance to chit chat a little... I am still disappointed I didn't get it together enough to spend a little more time with you! Oh, well... I am sure our paths will cross plenty of times in the future. Plus there is always e-mail. It was a real pleasure seeing you again!

fawn said...

Mark,
It was a real pleasure to spend time with Tracy! I am thrilled you both will be back in August. Plus, I cannot thank you enough for all the coaching... not only am I a better lifter for it, I am also learning how to be a better coach myself. Thank you for being such an inspirational role model for me.

My plan for squats for the next two weeks are singles. I want to hit 225(July 7)and 240(July 14) again. I am going to plan on 241 for my second attempt at Raw Nationals, but I want to hit 240 one more time just for my confidence. I guess I am asking for your approval. I know I tend to be greedy... but I want to do well.

I will practice visualization. I don't know what the venue will look like... but I am seeing in my mind red, yellow and blue plates, a platform and bar and myself of course. I am also looking at old videos of myself and other lifters. My heart races a little when I see myself lifting... is that normal?

Gabi said...

Wow, it all sounds just awesome! I'm green with envy! I hope I'll get the chance to meet you in August!

fawn said...

Gabi,
I will plan another BBQ... I think the Reifkinds will be staying with us. Franklin, Kate, and you should come! It will be a blast!

As a townie, I would be crazy not to make an effort to meet my friends from blogosphere!

Gabi said...

Thank you so much, Fawn, that'd be just fantastic!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Fawn, Once again I got blogger's block and finally just had to post something. It takes me a minute to articulate all the great things I got to do while in St. Paul,all thanks to you!! Who says this town ain't got not heart? Thank you for bringing everyone together,picking me up at the hotel and toting me to your place for a fabu meal,on to a most enjoyable and challenging kb class (channeling Tracy), and over to the press and dl room. Is there a name for the room? "Beyond Butt & Belly?" "Heave Ho?"
Thank you again, you are a kind,beautiful and strong person! I will bring the chick pea recipe in August.

fawn said...

Katie,
It was so nice to meet you in person! Aaron called it when he said you are a person that is immediately likable... you really are. Thank you so much for coming to my class. I let my regular Wednesday folks know they missed out on seeing you two... of course they were disappointed.

I will plan another BBQ in August. You should e-mail me the chick pea recipe, I will have it ready for everyone to try.

Heave Ho... I might have to steal that one! You are an excellent writer. I will be looking for regular up dates.