Saturday, June 14, 2008

Deadlifts and Other Stuff...

I am starting a new Deadlift cycle. Thank god I have Mark Reifkind to let me know I need to cycle the style of lift I will competing with, so I had to make an adjustment form last week. This is the last cycle of deadlifts before Raw Nationals in July. Here is how it all went down...

Sumo Deadlift
135X5
185X3
205X1X15
~Felt easy and explosive. Each lift flew up... but then again it is only 70% of my 1RM...

Conventional Deadlift
205X5
~Off a block. I meant to do a %... so I goofed this one up. Felt great, though...

Rack Pulls
225X5
275X3
315X1
315X1
335X1
335X2
335X3
~ I had to goof around with my grip a little. At 315 I started to loose it...

Ham-Glut Machine
6
~Oops, i meant to do a bunch of these, but I got distracted by the KB action in my kettlebell room.

Here is a video of Aaron, my better half. Nice job love...

8 comments:

Maura said...

Fawn -

Your deadlift is going to be awesome at Raw Nationals! You should try out some boards for bench press tomorrow.

Maura

Mark Reifkind said...

there ya go fawn, and the rack lockouts look perfect. got to get used to having that overload weight in your hands. well done.

Mark Reifkind said...

and yes on the boards for the bench!

fawn said...

Maura;
You know how greedy I am!

Mark;
I finally "get" and like the rack pulls. I will get on board presses asap!

Franz Snideman said...

New DL cycle huh? Cool, I'm sure you'll shatter all sorts of PR's!

fawn said...

Thanks Franz!
I really hope I get another PR before Raw Nationals! Greedy aren't I? LOL?

Joe Pavel said...

I haven't seen Zubaz in awhile.
I dig 'em!
-Joe

fawn said...

Joe,
The person who owns The Press Gym is one of the founders of Zubaz... if you are interested in a pair, I can get them for you.