Monday, June 9, 2008

RKC Weekend


Aaron, Mike, Jodi, Sean and I made it down to the RKC weekend to watch and cheer for a couple of candidates we knew!

My friend Angela Josphes finally had her chance to get certified. She passed with flying colors of course! Congratulations Ang!

Aaron and I got to meet our friend from blogosphere, Franklin Herman. It is alway so cool to meet someone you have know on the internet for the first time in person. Franklin was riding high from the weekend of kettlebell intensity. We couldn't let him just go back to his hotel room... he and Sean joined us for a impromptu BBQ.

The other great thing about going to the RKC graduation workout is seeing the other RKC's! I got to meet Juliet Deane, fellow powerlifter and RKC. Geoff Nuepert was there. Brett Jones gave me some advice on my squat technique, which was much appreciated. Pavel inflated my ego with a compliment on my pull-ups. My bud Joe Pavel was there... Katie, a level 4 Z trainer was going through the RKC this weekend. It was so nice to see everyone.

7 comments:

Maura said...

I am so jealous! I knew I should have come along.

Maura

fawn said...

There will be other RKC weekends, Maura. Be careful... you may find yourself wanting to sign up.

Mark Reifkind said...

ah man, I HATE it when we miss an RKC! Tracy and I will there VERY soon, can't wait.
Congrats to Franklin as well.

fawn said...

Everyone asked me about the Reifkinds... I let them know Tracy and I would be tearing it up in two weeks! It just didn't seem right without you guys there...

Mike T Nelson said...

Good stuff! Awesome to see everyone there as always. All the new RKC did amazing!
Fawn, can you send me the group photos--mine did not turn out.
Rock on
Mike N

fawn said...

Hi Mike! It was lots of fun as an observer wasn't it? You are right, everyone did great, I only wish I got more pictures! I will send a few over.

Franklin B Herman, RKC said...

Angela was AWESOME! In my opinion she got robbed in the technique competition and clearly deserved the gold .. her double 12kg swings were incredibly explosive. A very strong, powerful RKC indeed!