Monday, July 7, 2008

July Fourth Fun!!!


Maura and my friend Vicki is often behind the camera. She is a great friend, and we finally got a picture of her. Vicki has a great sense of humor and swings a mean kettlebell. She made this weekend unforgettable!

There was some fun and relaxation for us this weekend! Aaron, Shawn, Maura, Vicki and I all headed up to Alexandria in honor of Independence Day. Aaron and Shawn's parents generously hosted all of us at their home. I could not have asked for nicer in-laws.

We started with some fun water riding on Big Mable, a huge water toy pulled by Ralph Friday on the pontoon boat. That evening we watched fireworks from the pontoon boat as well.

~Ralph Friday at the helm; us girls on Big Mable...

~Shawn and Elsa Friday


On Saturday Mike Nelson and Jodi showed up. Maura insisted on a push-up workout. Ten sets of ten was on the menu... then some goofing around with kettlebells. Maura and I followed this up with a new form of ab work... check out the video for your viewing pleasure.


We also got a few special visitors... Amanda and Steve Reishus, and Rob stopped by! Steve Reishus is another kettlebell/powerlifting enthusiast from blogosphere, meeting him and his wife Amanda was a real treat. They are a very sweet couple. Rob is a very nice guy as well... he need a blog though.


It was so nice to spend the holiday weekend with friends... it is important to mix some fun in with training. This weekend was near perfection.

17 comments:

Maura said...

Thanks for all the fun! Great pics! The hula video is awesome!

fawn said...

Thank you Maura for all the fun!

Aaron Friday said...

That is easily the best video I've seen since I started blogging.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, that video is awesome. Most admirable---I never did figure out how to hula hoop. Elsa looks like she's having a blast not only with the cheesey grin on the boat but also carrying on while you guys hula. Sounds like a fantastic weekend.

fawn said...

Jennifer,
Thanks! We had a great time making the video. The video captures the fun time we all had.

Aaron,
Thanks for helping me pick the music... you have great taste!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

aahahahahaha...so funny, I love it!!! Get into it Elsa.I am going to watch it again, it looked like there was a beer switch-a-rooni in there. Totally a Team effort:)

fawn said...

Kate,
There was a beer switch-a-roni...
we all enjoyed the last of your bourbon over this weekend.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Man, Elsa's having fun!
That video clip got my abs trembling and probably killed some of my organs. I can imagine myself that my cause of death would be by laughing too much.

Jesse K said...

You guys are too funny. I like that video better than any of the kettlebell videos from class! Rock on.

fawn said...

Glad you liked the video Taikei! Laughing is great exercise. Maybe we should make a how-to video?

fawn said...

Jesse,
I am thinking of adding Hula-Hoop to kettlebell class... how do you think it would go over?

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Fawn,
The video I have to watch often. Great laugh therapy, I pretend I am there Hooping it up. Last of the bourbon? Hm;) I think there may be a flat bottle on the way for after your big meet.-Kate

fawn said...

Katie,
I will pick up a couple extra Hula Hoops for your next trip to Saint Paul for a BBQ!

Mike T Nelson said...

Yes, that was a great time! We will have to do it again!
Rock on
Mike N

Steve Reishus said...

That was a blast. Amanda and I had such a great time! Thanks for letting us crash the party. And yes, that video rocks.

Steve

Tracy said...

Fawn, That's an adorable picture of you guys (at the top). It looks like everyone was having some serious R&R.

fawn said...

Tracy,
We are going to have to try the hula hoop when you come to visit next.

Steve and Mike,
For sure, lets do this again sometime!