Thursday, July 24, 2008

Leaving for Saint Louis

I am up a little early preparing for our trip down to Saint Louis for the USAPL Raw National Powerlifting meet. I can't believe I am already in a national level powerlifting meet... And I am on a team. I am on Team Press Gym. We well be wearing black and white Zubaz and Press Gym t-shirts. How cool is that? Here is a link to the line up of the rest of Team Press Gym.

I am feeling rested and ready to lift. I have had the benefit of being coached by Mark Reifkind, Shawn Friday, and every other lifter at The Press Gym. I have had the pleasure of training with Anna White, up and coming powerlifter in the 132's and of course my regular lifting partner Maura Shuttleworth, bench press champion in the 105's. For anyone who has trained with someone much better than yourself... you know, a good training partner is worth her weight in gold.

Ralph and Aaron Friday will be doing the driving today. Maura and I are going to be riding in style in Ralph Friday's minivan. What a total luxury! I am going to have to eat every bad thing I ever said about mini vans on this trip. Plus, how lucky am I to not only have a super supportive husband, but a Father-in-Law willing to drive me down to my meet?! Plus, I will have expert lifter and brother-in-law Shawn Friday helping me with numbers on Saturday!

I will be posting pictures and more of what is going down in Saint Louis!

8 comments:

Sean Schniederjan said...

Kill em Fawn! White lights!

Taikei Matsushita said...

Oh my spagetti!!
It's for real!!

Have a safe and fun trip!

Franz Snideman said...

Good luck Fawn!!

Howie Brewer said...

Crush it, Fawn!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

You go girl!

Gabi said...

Have a great time, Fawn! And good luck!

Franklin B Herman, RKC said...

Do yo stuff!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hey Fawn-We're waiting for the news. I've some info off the forum but want to hear it from ya'. See you;)