Saturday, July 12, 2008

No Juice

Anna White joined Maura and me at The Press Gym for deadlifts. Maura and Anna pulled some serious weight, however, it was a tough night for me in the gym on deadlift night. Things started out well... then I fizzled out. Here is how it went down.

Deadlift
135X5
165X5
185X3
225X1
245X1
265X1
280Xnl
280Xnl
265X1
275Xnl
265X1
225X1
~all the lifts up to 265 flew up. 265 was a little more difficult than usual, and I had an uneven grip which caused the bar to twist a little. after missing 280 twice, out of shear frustration, I loaded the bar with 265 and ripped it off the floor.

I simply hit a serious drop off. I guess I need rest. I have to confess I am more than a little disappointed about missing 280lbs. I will just have to put it out of my mind.

Maura and I went to the WABDL meet on Saturday. Cheryl Anderson set a record pulling 333 lbs in the 105 class. That woman has some serious power. Way to go Cheryl!

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Rest is the best RECIPE for success in training! Your CNS needs a break!

You'll come back way stronger if you back off a bit!

fawn said...

Franz,

I have learned so much about training and recovery by competing! It is so interesting to experience the drop-off in energy. When I got to 280, I couldn't even visualize the lift.

Sean Schniederjan said...

We both had a tough evening!

Oh well, we will come back STRONGER THAN EVER

fawn said...

I know! Sean, I should have been stuck by lightening!!! Look at all the PR's you hit!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really needed that!

Franklin B Herman, RKC said...

A small step backwards is ALWAYS followed by two steps forward. You are going to be fine!