Monday, July 7, 2008

Squat Training

Raw Nationals is getting close. This is our second to last chance to train heavy. Ana White joined Maura and me tonight to bang out a few reps under the bar. Here is how it all went down...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X3
185X2
200X1
215X1
225X1
215X1
2ooX1
170X5
~Felt pretty good for having so much fun this weekend. Plus singles are so much easier than reps for me. Here is a video of 225lbs for viewing. Big sticking point, but I manage to work through it.


Heavy Walkouts
225
245
265
~I didn't want to do a whole lot of these because I got fried last time...

4 comments:

Christine said...

Love seeing women lift heavy! Nice job!

fawn said...

Thanks Christine! I Checked out your blog... good stuff!

Mark Reifkind said...

ncie way to fight through but the descent was too fast. you have to be very careful with that technique. it saves energy on the way down FOR the way up, but if you hit the hole wrong, or, are not tight enough in the hole, you can get hurt.
you look very strong though.nice work

fawn said...

Thanks Mark! It felt pretty good. I will have to work on slowing the decent. I feel like it is already slow... but when I see it, I know what you mean.