Monday, August 4, 2008

Squats... my favorite.


I don't care if I stunk up Raw Nationals. I don't care if I missed my first ever squat with 242lbs on my back. I still love to squat. I know I have a lot of room for improvement... but I am going to keep at it because squatting is fun. Plus I think squatting is the most superior lift. Yep, it is even better than deadlifting.

Here is how it all went down...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
155X3
170X3X8
~all good stuff... I goofed around with different descents, quick and slow. I also focused on bone rhythm.

Neutral grip pull-ups
5,4,3,3,2,2

Abs
8,8,8
~somehow Maura talked me into doing abs.... god, how I hate doing abs.

I worked with the 12kg with my class tonight. Nothing too exciting, swings, squats and snatches.

3 comments:

Maura said...

Great work Fawn! If I could only learn to love the squat like I love the bench press...

fawn said...

Same here Maura... if only I could like the bench press half as much as I love to squat...

Mike T Nelson said...

Gotta go with the DL over the squat any day! ha! That may just be from my biased opinion and long femurs (now if I could just lengthen my arms more).
See ya soon
Mike N