Friday, September 12, 2008

Assistance Lifts

I went to yoga class this morning at Neti Neti with Lisa. Lisa is a classically trained Ashtanga instructor. I always look forward to doing someone else's practice, so practice with Lisa this morning was a real treat.

This evening Maura and I met up for an evening of lifting. I have decided to deadlift every other week. This week is I am off deadlifting, which means Maura and I are scheduled to do some assistance lifting. Here is how it all went down...

Romanian Deadlift
135X5
155X5
165X5
185X5
185X5
185X5
~I have not done this lift for a while, so I just wasn't sure were I was for strength. I used a double over hand grip and straps.

Box Squats
135X3
155X3
165X3
175X3
175X3
~I did these wearing wrestling shoes, which was kind of weird, but they worked fine. Box squats are much easier if I don't do a full squat workout before.

Good Mornings
95X5
115X5
135X5
135X5
135X5
~I know I have done them before, but I can't remember when.

Very nice workout tonight. I think I am going to like having an assistance lifting night.

2 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Looks like assistant works pulled out from Pavel's "Beyond Bodybuilding".

fawn said...

Taikei,
I have actually never looked at Beyond Bodybuilding... this is just a collection of exercises I can't fit in on other training days.