Thursday, September 11, 2008

Double Workout

Maura and I usually squat on Mondays. We rarely miss a workout, however this Monday Maura was out of town for a work conference, which worked out fine in the end on account of me fighting off illness. I never actually got sick, but I did feel like I needed extra sleep and the desire to train just wasn't what it normally was on Monday. Wednesday Maura and I doubled down on squats and bench. Here is how it went down...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X3
185X2
200X2
215X1X3
~In the past I have been trying to do doubles with 215lbs. I seam to have a psychological hang up on repping weight over 200lbs on the squat. I have decided to just do some singles instead and give in to not wanting to rep such a huge weight. It worked out great, 215 felt awesome. I focused on pulling myself down slowly and blasting out of the hole. Honestly all three lifts felt like I could have done a double.

Bench Press
75lbsX5
95X3
100X3X3
~I don't really know where I was going with this workout... my current plan is to work up to doing 5 sets of 5 with 100lbs. It was late and I just didn't have the juice for much on the bench press.

On Friday I will be doing some assistance lifts including; box squats, pull-ups, some other lifts like maybe Romanian style deadlifts or good mornings. This Friday is my off week for deadlifting, I am only deadlifting every other week as an experiment. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am planning on doing a meet in early November, instead of the meet on September 20.

5 comments:

Ellen Stein said...

Re:squats-told you so!!!

Maura said...

Great job Fawn! Your squats looked awesome!

Maura

fawn said...

Ellen, Thanks! You are awesome!

Maura, Thanks! I love that squats are finally feeling good again!

Christine said...

I'm glad I read your post today as today is my quad workout and I planned on doing squats. You reminded me on some mental things I usually forget. Thanks for posting your workouts, it really helps people like me who train alone!

fawn said...

Christine,
My training partner is worth her weight in gold! A good training partner is a reality check... Honestly, training with Maura makes training seam more like fun time! Plus, I would have never learned how to bench press with out her!