Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bench Press

I had to do some overhead pressing with my class tonight... so I used up some of my pressing juice before I got under the bar. Good news is I finally tried actual board presses tonight. Here is how it all went down...

Bench Press
75X5
95X3
2 Board Press
105X5
115X3
125X1
125X1
125X1
125Xnl
Bench Press
95X3
~Wow, presses to a 2 board are much easier! I misses a press due to joking around and lack of focus.

Pull-ups and Chin-ups
5,5,4,3,3
~These were difficult for some reason.

Floor Presses
20lbsX10
30X6
30X8
30X8
30X8
~Elbows tucked and focus on triceps.

2 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Man, those works are all same muscle groups. No wonder those pull ups were hard.

Does board press gives you somehow similar effect as floor press when used with same weight?

fawn said...

Both are new lifts for me. Here is how I understand it...

Board presses are to train the transition from chest to triceps power. My sticking point is about 3" off my chest. With boards I can overload the weight and still have a successful lift.

Floor presses are an assistance exercise to train the triceps.