Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bench Press

After my little mishap on the box squat I really aggravated my left upper trap. Plus, my shoulders have been acting badly... giving me pain to the point of losing sleep. I wasn't sure I would be able to make it through bench press training tonight... Good news, I ate a couple ibuprofen this morning before yoga class with William, and did a few little Z drills and shoulders are almost all better. My right gave me some trouble, but nothing like I expected. Here is how it all went down...

Bench Press
75X5
95X3
2 Board Press
115X3
115X3
125X1
1 Board Press
125XNL
2 Board Press
125X1
125X1
125X1
~There was some pain in my left shoulder, which meant my movement just wasn't that nice, not to mention weak. I have decided that I don't care if I suck at bench press. I will simply do the best I can and be happy with that.

Pull-ups
5,5,5,5,4
Chin-ups
3,3
~I am starting to suck at these... I better get serious about these again.

Face Pulls
70X8
70X8
~only 2 sets... my back was gassed

DB Floor Presses
20X8
25X8X4
~I suppose I could have gone heavier... but my shoulder was starting to really bug me.

abs. which I still hate.

4 comments:

Jim Ryan DC, RKC, RI said...

Hey Fawn, you've been having fun but that shoulder doesn't sound so good... maybe it's time for me to look at your shoulder - I could use another Yoga lesson...

fawn said...

Hey Jim!
I think I actually owe you a yoga lesson... My shoulders have been a chronic problem since I was a teenager... if you can fix them for good, I will be in your debt forever!
Either way, I would love to see you again soon.

Jennifer said...

Isn't doing the best we can and honestly evaluating whether what we give is our best all we can ask of ourselves? And we have to be proud of that whatever it is. I learn this more and more every day.

fawn said...

You are totally right Jennifer... giving it our best is all we can ask of ourselves, you are totally right about that. I don't think my bench press is ever going to be something I will be proud of. Oh well, people who are good at everything are irritating. LOL!