Sunday, October 26, 2008

Deadlift and Mental Training

I will be competing in the Hudson Open, a full powerlifting meet on November 8. This will be my 3rd meet. I have learned so much about training since I started competing. Competition doesn't come naturally to me... I have never participated in sports when I was in school, in fact I have never participated in any sort of competition before PLing last winter. So far, the mental part of competition is the most challenging for me.

Friday was deadlift night. I have been stuck on my deadlift for nine months now. Hopefully I can make a break-through soon. Here is how it all went down.

Sumo Deadlifts
135X5
185X5
225X2
245X1
260X1
270Xnl
265X1
270X1
~I was more than a little surprised that I missed that first 270... 260 flew up, 265 flew up. The second attempt at 270lbs was slow and difficult, at least it went up.

Ham-glute Machine
Back Extensions

2 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

How is the visualization work going Fawn? You will do great!!!
Rock on
Mike N

fawn said...

Hi Mike,
I am having a terrible time visualizing. I am having thoughts of doom regarding the deadlift... I am working on it though.