Sunday, October 19, 2008

Invisible Ninja Club


We are invisible... but we still enjoy muffins and Chicken Noodle Soup!
Marty Larson invited Joe Pavel, Jim Ryan and me over to her home in Stillwater for a day of Z-Health practice and discussion. We missed Brad Ellingson... I believe it was Joe Pavel who came up with the name Invisible Ninja Club. This is because Dr. Cobb referred to our group of Z-Health candidates (from R&I) as the kind of group who will gravitate toward looking for the answers the hard way... we are a group who always had a "what if?" scenario. You know, there is thinking outside the box and thinking waayyy outside the box. As in "What if we were attacked by invisible ninjas on the way to take out our garbage?"

Anyway, we had a great time discussing what we were doing with Z for ourselves and our clients. We took turns evaluating each others gait. We practiced doing drills and cueing. It was really a nice way to learn. We spent as much time as we wanted doing drills, discussing and collaborating.

Joe needed to do some thoracic work... nice class 3 gait!
There were 4 of us, so with one getting evaluated, the other three could discuss what we saw. We each gave an idea for a drill, including the person being evaluated, which was really nice because body awareness and intuition was being evaluated as well.

If there is a group of Z trainers in your area, I strongly suggest forming your own group. It is a great way to think outside the box, and come up with strategies of how to fight off invisible ninjas if they attack you on the way to taking out your garbage.
We are all moving better and feel great!

13 comments:

Joe Pavel said...

I had a great time today Fawn. I'm going to work uo to a sots pistol with a 16kg like you someday.
Thanks for your keen eye and even keener wit.
-Joe

Jim Ryan DC, RKC, RI said...

I agree a repeat of this event is a very good idea, although now our cover is blown! (Thanks Fawn for revealing the identities of the invisible RKCZ ninjas...)

Marty said...

Fawn, you are my hero! What a great day with great people. Thanks for coming to Stillwater! I appreciate all the expertise and good company you all bring.
Marty

Jennifer said...

I'm lovin' the puppy. No doubt he/she offered amazing help through all the drills. :)

fawn said...

Joe,
It is always nice to see you! You are a quiet guy, so when you say something, I know it is worth listening to... I talk all the time, half is pure bs. LOL!

I am going to work up to a perfect weighted pull-up, just like yours.

fawn said...

Jim,
You are a huge asset to the Invisible Ninjas... thanks for the adjustment. Let me know when you would like another yoga lesson.

fawn said...

Marty,
YOU are my hero! Please keep me posted regarding S-Phase. Plus, I would love to talk marketing with you... we should meet up again soon.

fawn said...

Jen,
That puppy was so good! I can't remember her name, but she was right there for everything and behaved like a little angel.

Coach Angela said...

Hey Fawn! It was awesome meeting you at the RKC. I have some awesome video of your purse pistol. I'll let you know when I get that one up.

fawn said...

Hey Angela! Thanks for stopping by! It was great meeting you as well! I am sure our paths will cross again.

Mike T Nelson said...

Awesome work and glad you all were able to get together! Excellent work!

EVERYONE needs a coach!

Rock on
Mike N

fawn said...

You are right Mike, everyone needs a coach. It is extra nice when there is a community of coaches in your back yard.

Aaron Friday said...

Thanks for the report, honey. I am no longer afraid of invisible ninjas. They look friendly.