Sunday, October 12, 2008

RKC Weekend!

I missed my friend Tracy Reifkind so much this weekend. I can't believe she didn't get to make to out here to Minnesota for a visit. Boo hoo for me. I trained bench press with Maura this morning. After that Aaron and I headed off to the RKC for Graduation Workout. The weather was PERFECT! Slightly overcast, yet warm and breezy. Here are some highlights from the weekend...

Mike and Adam join in cheering for the RKC candidates Graduation Workout


Everyone is all smiles... the graduation workout is about to begin!

Already fatigued from a weekend of arse whoppin' Sean Schniederjan guts it out.

Jen Bryan is looking strong

Jen Crosses the finish line with coach Sandy Sommers cheering her on!
Sean's family shows up to show support...

Jen and Aaron

I finally meet DV8 Fitness Phil Scarinto in personLonestar Kettlebells Jason MarshallMe with Pavel... How cool is that?

Then off to Great Waters for some fun! Jason Wood and I teach some R-Phase drills to our table mates.

Then things got crazy! Card ripping and other Feats of Strength, including Dave Whitely pressing me! I am no light weight... I am weighing in at 126lbs, plus a tummy full of beer and french fries so closer to 130lbs! Check it out!


17 comments:

Boris said...

Very cool. I'm glad you didn't lose your fries on David!

fawn said...

Boris,
Have you been back as an assistant or teacher yet? Please let us know when you do, I would love to meet you in person.

I have wondered if he could press me. That might have been a PR for Dave...

Taikei Matsushita said...

Yeah, I'm finally gonna meet the guy who pressed you in few weeks.

Nice pictures and report. It's always fun to read about RKC cert.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Oh yeah, it is believed Boris would be running some stuffs in Japan as well. Good person.

Tracy Reifkind said...

What are you...an RKC groupie now? LOL! (I'm just jealous!)

I don't remember being invited, BTW

Sandy Sommer said...

Fawn,

It was my pleasure to meet you and soak up some of your positive vibrations!

fawn said...

Taikei,
Your workout was the first Graduation workout Aaron and I attended. We feel so lucky to have the RKC right here where we live. We have had the opportunity to meet and get to know some really great people.

fawn said...

Tracy,
Since when did you need an invitation to visit me??? Running around snapping pictures just wasn't the same without you. This was about the time last year you came to visit for the first time. You were missed.

fawn said...

Sandy,
It was an absolute pleasure to meet you as well.

Ellen Stein said...

Is that my student/victim Sean from my April RKC? My he looks great! Those KB workouts are really paying off! So now he did the RKC too? Good for him! Tell him I said "Congrats"

fawn said...

Hey Ellen!
Yep, that is Sean, your victim from last year. He did great! I will pass on the word from you.

Franklin said...

That was amazing .. greatest bunch of folks imaginable to hang with .. I SOOOOO wish I was there.

fawn said...

There is something very nice about being in Saint Paul.

Maura said...

Saint Paul is a great city! I am so sorry I missed all the fun. I am never saying no to fun with Fawn Friday again!!!!

Maura

fawn said...

Maura,
This was the best kind of fun... plus I had Aaron to take me home before too much fun was had, by me any way. LOL!

Jennifer said...

I just can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed getting to meet you guys in person! I just can't. :)

fawn said...

Jen,
The feeling is mutual.