Monday, October 6, 2008

Squats, back on track

I am back to my original program Mark Reifkind gave me. This program has served me well, I have made plenty of gains from using it so far. I did have to make a small deviation... because I was goofing around with some new things, I am a little behind the scheduled. Any who, Maura and I met up at The Pres Gym and here is how it all went down...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X3
185X3X6
~felt great! This is 77% of my one rep max. I am focusing on hitting depth with out going too deep.

Heavy Walkouts
225, 245, 265
~I may have lost some height in my thoracic spine.

Box Squats
145X2X8
~Focused on exploding off the box.

Abs... 2 sets of 8

What a great workout! Everything felt great... even the walkouts. Having a good training partner is really something special.

7 comments:

Kettlebell Instructor 0311 said...

Good to be back eh?

W2 over-

fawn said...

Hey Will! Thanks for stopping by! And yes, it is nice to be back on track.

Ellen Stein said...

~I may have lost some height in my thoracic spine.

Hey I am 2 inches shorter than I was when I first started powerlifting...no biggie now I am closer to the ground and have less distance to travel when I squat and DL, LOL!

Maura said...

I know what you mean Fawn!! Spine compression for sure. Monolift will bring us rings to play with tomorrow!

Taikei Matsushita said...

I read walk out and I thought you carried that over your shoulder and got out to the parking lot.

Franz Snideman said...

Sweet! What you is next squatting goal. How much?

fawn said...

Ellen and Maura,
We can't afford to get any shorter! I plan on hanging upside down to regain my lost height.

Taikei,
LOL! Heavy walk outs are only held for 10 seconds... Actually stepping the weight back is the most difficult part.

Franz,
My goal is to squat 240lbs at the next meet on November 8. I have done 240 in the gym once... I am feeling pretty good about this lift.