Friday, November 28, 2008

Deadlifts

Maura and I were joined by Aaron for an early deadlift session. Were all enjoying a day off after Thanksgiving. Here is how it went down for me...

Sumo Deadlifts
135X5
185X3
215X1X12
~Focused on making my deadlift look like Ellen Stein's. The Ready Aim Fire technique. Ellen looks like a little cat when she grabs the bar, quick and smooth. Here is a visual for your viewing pleasure...


~Ellen pulling 314 at Raw Nationals


~Me channeling Ellen... Ready - Aim - Fire! Quick like a little cat.

Conventional Deadlift off a Block
215X2X3

Good Mornings
95X5
135X5
155X5
165X3
165X5
165X5

Pull-ups
3
10lbsX2
15X1
15X1
10X2

KB Swings
32kgX10X3

abs.

6 comments:

Ellen Stein said...

Way to go!!! Now that's what I call a deadlift!!! No fear, no hesitation-just plain old pulling!
Love the "little cat" reference...not sure I get it though anything that equates me with my feline buddies is OK with me!!! Your deadlift was purrfect!

fawn said...

Ellen,
You pounce on the bar like a little cat pouncing on a mouse. The weight is light... but I need to practice grabbing the bar evenly and being quick!

PetitePowerlifter said...

That-a-girl! It looked great!! If it works better, I think you should feel free to look down at the bar (I do this) to ensure even hand placement, and that should not affect your speed/quick grab at all. Ellen is right, never hesitate!

fawn said...

Cheryl,
You are one of the best deadlifts I have ever scene with an intensity to match.

I am going to try NOT looking at the bar for now, only because I seam to lose back body tension and my chest falls when I look down. I may have to change that in the future. Thank you for all your suggestions, I am very lucky to train in the same gym as someone of your caliber.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Fawn, I see it, you are channeling Ellen. Very swift!
-Kate

fawn said...

Cool trick huh?