Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Last workout, time to chill

I had my last workout before the Powerlifting meet in Hudson Wisconsin.

On Sunday Maura and I got in the last of our bench pressing. Paul Balyeat brought along some weight releasers, which are way cool. I have never used weight releasers before... I can't wait to try them for squats. I did a few singles with 105lbs plus the weight releasers (16lbs/ 8 each). I also did some presses with commands. I always wonder if I would like bench press if I didn't suck at it so much...

I haven't done much for my bench press these past few months. My shoulders seam to be defective, I get painful flair ups that come out of nowhere, for seemingly no reason. According to the FMS I have impingement. I'm not sure what I am supposed to do about that. The past couple months, bench pressing has been bugging my shoulders. Thankfully, I am pain free right now.

Last night I did my opening squat and deadlift. I am feeling very strong in the squat. Here is the specifics...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X3
190X1
210X1
~I am planning to open with 210, which felt very light and easy last night.

Sumo Deadlift
135X5
185X3
225X1
255X1
~I am actually planning to open with 260lbs. I goofed up on loading... oops! I have such a quick drop off in regards to breaking the floor, 255 flew up no problem.

For the rest of the week I will be doing mental training. I am working on being calm and relaxed, thinking positive thoughts... at the same time keeping volition, intensity and focus. At Raw Nationals, I was so stressed out and nervous it ruined my strength. Getting psyched out is a huge energy drainer. I refuse to let that happen this time.

I am also cutting weight. I am trying to be a little more gradual about it this time. At Raw Nationals I had to fast the last half of the day before the meet. I even had to sit in the Sauna a little bit. I really don't want that to happen this time. I was 123.5 two weeks ago. I am 126 this morning. I have a crappy scale and my weight seams to fluctuate by a couple pounds, so who knows what I truly weigh... that is it for now.

8 comments:

Ellen Stein said...

YOU GO GIRL! MAKE MOMMA STEIN PROUD!

Franklin said...

I know you are going to do well at your Powerlifting meet .. compete and have fun!

Gabi said...

Good luck and have a great time, Fawn!

Jordan Vezina said...

You may be correct in your bench press theory. I suck at bench press. I think my little sister benches more than me. However, as I have become more tenacious about attempting to not suck at it, I like it more and more.

fawn said...

Ellen,
Thank you for all your help! I will give you a call on Saturday after lifting. I know I don't have to tell you good luck... you are going to rock the platform!

fawn said...

Gabi and Franklin,
Thank you for posting support. It means a lot to me... and thank you both for reminding that this is about having fun!

fawn said...

Jordan,
Bench is a tough one for me... everyone love it and I couldn't care less! LOL! Over head press is much more interesting to me. It will be interesting to see where I go with this lift as I continue to powerlift.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Go Fawn! Do it up!! -Kate